Environment & Social Responsibility
Environmental and social responsibility
At fresh-op group , we are guided by our values of passion, agility, creativity and teamwork. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture and team spirit and we believe in operating in a fair and sustainable manner. It is important for us to run our business in a way that benefits all of our stakeholders and we seek to engage with them on a regular basis. We have a proactive programme for delivering our CSR policy which is regularly reviewed and reported upon to the Audit Committee.
As a fast-growing responsible group, we recognise our duty of care to the people involved in the creation of our products. We therefore take our supply chain operations extremely seriously and have a demanding set of procedures and policies to which all suppliers must adhere. We are dedicated to working with our suppliers to help promote better working standards for the future and we hope to lead the way in encouraging an open and transparent supply chain.
- The group is a member of SEDEX (the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange), a not-for-profit organisation that provides access to independent and comprehensive third-party audit reports on suppliers and their factories.
- Our suppliers are required to undertake a SMETA (SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit) to assess the quality of their operations.
- SMETA audits are supplemented by regular unannounced audits from our in-house Sourcing and Compliance team who help suppliers ensure they are compliant with law and regulations.
- We have an in-house Quality Assurance Team whose remit is to ensure our products are compliant with consumer protection and product safety legislation, including REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & Restriction of Chemicals) regulations, and are consistent in size.
- We require our suppliers to periodically sign compliance letters acknowledging their adherence to our standards and code of conduct. This document also asks for suppliers to ensure sub-contractors meet these requirements. This is periodically reviewed and updated as and when required and is part of Boohoo group's ongoing commitment to improving its supply chain for both 1st and 2nd tier suppliers.
- We hold an annual supplier conference and all of our suppliers have access to our supplier manual via a portal to ensure they are aware of boohoo group's standards, policies and procedures.